Items in Your Cart
Welcome to all of you, my brothers and sisters in Christ. It’s a blessing to gather together in fellowship, united by our shared faith and love for our Lord. Whether you’re joining us for the first time or have been part of our family for years, know that you are a valued part of this community. Let’s open our hearts to what God has in store for us today.
Heavenly Father, we come before You with open hearts and minds, ready to receive Your Word. Guide us, Lord, in understanding and applying Your teachings in our lives. Help us to grow in faith, love, and hope, just as You have called us to. We thank You for this time together and for Your unending love. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Introduction to Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
In 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11, Paul addresses the Thessalonian church with teachings about the Day of the Lord. He reminds them that this day will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. Despite this uncertainty, Paul encourages the believers to live as children of light, staying alert and sober, armored with faith and love, and the hope of salvation. This passage teaches us about preparedness, vigilance in faith, and the importance of encouraging one another in these times.
SCRIPTURE: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 The Day of the Lord
1. Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you,
2. for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
3. While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly,
as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
4. But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.
5. You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.
6. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober.
7. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night.
8. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate,
and the hope of salvation as a helmet.
9. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
10. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.
11. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Lord, in the light of Thessalonians, we pray for vigilance and spiritual preparedness in our lives.
Help us to be children of light, living in faith and love, and holding onto the hope of our salvation.
Protect us from complacency and spiritual slumber.
May we encourage and build up one another, as You have taught us.
We ask for Your guidance and strength in all that we do. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Father in Heaven, we respond to Your Word in Thessalonians with a commitment to be vigilant and faithful.
Help us to live each day as Your children of light.
Encouraging one another and standing firm in faith, love, and hope.
We rejoice in the salvation You have given us through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Amen.
Short Powerful Sermon: Only .99¢
Buy Now Only: .99¢
Heavenly Father, we thank You for Your Word in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11, which guides and illuminates our path. Lord, help us to be ever watchful and prepared, living each day as Your faithful servants. Instill in us a spirit of vigilance, a heart filled with Your love, and a soul anchored in the hope of salvation.
Lord, as we go about our days, help us to be lights in this world, reflecting Your love and grace in all we do. Give us the strength to encourage and build up one another, sharing the burden and joy of our Christian journey.
We ask for Your guidance to live out these teachings, to be awake and alert, fully alive in Christ. May our lives be a testament to Your unfailing love and faithfulness. And when the day comes, may we be found ready and waiting, with hearts full of joy, to meet You.
In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.